Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Announced

I got to tell my choir kids about the pregnancy yesterday. They were so excited: "Do the teachers know? Can we tell people?" So cute. I told them, "This is a surprise for YOU because you are the first kids in the whole school to find out."

So today we had our choir dress rehearsal in front of the school and it went really well. The choir watched me like they were supposed to and remembered all their moves! We worked on sound a bit afterward and perfected it for this evening's performance for the families. My principal and I were debating last week on how to tell the kids that I'm pregnant since I teach every one of them. After the show I said a little thank you to them for being a good audience and Kathi asked for the mic and said, "Can we just do this right here and now?" I said, "Sure!" So she said something like you all know that Mrs. Sims is having a baby in January, Mrs. Tanner is having a baby in May and Mrs. Black is having a baby in May. Well guess what - there's someone else having a baby. (at this point I can hear the choir behind the curtain yelling "MRS. B!") She told the audience, "It's Mrs. B." and the kids were so excited. They are adorable.

3 comments:

  1. this just made me tear up....I don't know why. I am just so happy for you :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can just imagine their little faces, so excited! Sounds like you pregnant ladies are having fun with everything at school :)

    ReplyDelete