Wednesday, January 6, 2010

3 Month Appointment


Joel and I went to the doctor yesterday and heard our sweet baby's heartbeat. It was the coolest thing. It was beating so quickly, but the doctor said it was healthy. =) Joel got out his iPhone metronome and calculated the beat at 156. The doctor thought that was funny. I wish we had recorded it, but I guess we will have to do that next time. It was so nice to have confirmation that everything is still going well. When you can't feel kicking yet it just doesn't seem real. The doctor says we should find out the sex in 8 weeks. I can't wait! It seems so far away, but when I think about 8 weeks before today....that doesn't seem very long ago.
The belly is growing but I have only gained 3 pounds. I am trying to eat very healthy and have all the vegetables, protein and water I need each day. Luckily I never crave sweet things...even as a non-pregnant person. I crave vegetables and savory things like pasta and rice.
The kids are so sweet about the baby. One little first grade girl came up to me today and asked "Mrs. B how's your baby?" This little girl is always giving baby attention. The other day she said "Bye baby!" on the way out of school.

No comments:

Post a Comment