Wednesday, June 2, 2010

30-31 Weeks A Head of Lettuce


Here I am between 30 and 31 weeks. Toward the end, the same comparison stays for about two weeks.

I had an appointment yesterday and the good news is that I got to see Trent! The bad news is that the reason they did the sonogram was because I was in a fender bender on the way to the doctor. They wanted to check him out and make sure he was functioning ok. It was nothing serious. Basically the light turned green and the first car didn't go but the second car went a little, honked and bam I hit her because I thought we were going. Lesson learned: stay VERY far from the car in front of you. =)

All is well. I am fine. Trent is better than fine, and the car is barely dinged on the license plate.

SO the sonogram told us that Trent is about 5 lbs, which is right on track. His head is down and his booty and feet are constantly poking at mommy. =) He is a very active little man. His head is a wee bit large, but she said it was nothing crazy or worrisome. We expected a large cranium since Joel and I both have rather large ones ourselves. Seriously...I had one of the biggest hats in marching band. haha That's ok...more brains!

The technician told me that he is already practicing his breathing exercises which will get him ready to breathe on the outside. She said we have a little over achiever on our hands. Again...this is to be expected with Joel and I as the parents. Way to go son!

Dr. Ku said everything looked great. She's not worried about me delivering too soon, but she is willing to induce if we feel like he is getting too big. I'm thinking I'd like to max out at 7.5 lbs. I don't really want to deliver an 8 or 9 lb baby like we were. Can you guess who was 9?? ME! =) We shall see what happens! Trent knows to stay in past July 10 for Tish and Brandon's wedding, and then he can come any time after that. According to the doctor, we shouldn't have to worry about him crashing that party.

8 comments:

  1. Oh no! Did you have that accident right before I saw you at Target?? What a day :(. So sorry you had to have that stress. I'm glad you and Trent are a-okay. Phew!

    ReplyDelete
  2. No the accident was on the way to the doctor on Tuesday.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm SO glad you, Trent and the car are fine
    :-) What a worrisome thing, though! The furniture in Trent's room looks great, and Trent's daddy did a fine job as usual!! I can't believe you and Jacqueline (slim ladies that you are) were both 9 lb. babies!!
    I mailed you something today... it's in a large manila envelope. Hope you like it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so glad it was a minor fender bender and that you and Trent are fine. I know that can be scary. I hope you feel as great as you look! Beyond adorable Kristen. I know you're ready to meet the little guy.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are too cute! I hope for your sake that Trent decides to make an appearance early. If he cooks too long, you could have a 10lb.'er on your hands. Hope I didn't just jinx ya!

    Glad nothing happened with the accident, though I know that is very scary when it happens!

    The room looks great, Krizisten! Keep posting pictures! I like living vicariously through a creative artist!

    ReplyDelete
  6. So glad you and the little man are ok! I laughed out loud when you talked about marching band hats because I also had a HUGE hat! Even now, Scott wears hats that fit him fine and they're WAY too small for me. I can't wait to see your beautiful face! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your bump is adorable kb! You look beautiful as always! Keep the pics coming!

    ReplyDelete