Friday, May 28, 2010

Changing Table / Dresser

It finally arrived yesterday!!! I came home to that wonderful surprise. =) My school threw me a diaper shower and I was saying "if only I had somewhere to put all of these..." and then like magic I did! Well it was a little magic and a little bit of a sweet daddy building it until 9:30 last night.
Poor daddy was so frustrated with this thing. It was definitely not as easy to build as the crib. And according to him the instructions were no good. But he still got it done and it looks great! I'm thinking about painting either white stripes or white swirls on the knobs.

A custom mirror (special project in the works) will be hanging over the changer and I just got a cute green basket that I can put on the table with diapers or ointments in it. Thank you CP! And I will put a green rug in front of the dresser.....maybe some shelving on the wall to the right.

I have my first "stuff" shower tomorrow and I am very excited! I can't wait to see all of the little tiny clothes! I'm glad it's a three-day weekend. I will have plenty of time to get his room in order and his gifts put away. YAY!


3 comments:

  1. Enjoy the showers! You'll be showered with love, for sure :).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay! So exciting when stuff gets in the room! Poor James had the same issue with the directions. And...it seemed like everything we had to assemble the instructions got worse and worse! I don't know who writes those things!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your changing table! the curves are nice. How exciting to put the room all together!

    ReplyDelete