Our big boy is sleeping in his bed now. We had tried it a few weeks ago and then he started going through one of his "leaps." There is a book called The Wonder Weeks that explains the mental developments babies go through at different weeks of age. (I have the app on my phone) Trent fit every criterion for the first leap: "Changing Sensations" which included crying without normal reason, only quiet with you, wants more physical contact. It was comforting to know why he was being so needy. Thank you Aunt Alicia for the info about the app! It is so helpful.
So now that he is through that we started him back in his room. Wednesday night he was really fussy and fighting sleep to the death. He would not give in. We finally got him to go down but he woke up about 15 minutes later. I went in and turned him to his back and he was fine. He likes looking at his little lighted, musical aquarium. That was at 10:00 and he woke up at 2am screaming for a bottle. I went back and forth in my mind for a few seconds but decided I was NOT going to give him a bottle. He needed to stay used to going all night without one. So I just picked him up and rocked him for a bit. Then he slept three more hours. =) Yay!
Last night was another fussy night. I thought, "Oh no, not this again." I decided to give him a bath to see if a routine would get him in a better mood. He LOVES his bath now. He was calm and sweet the whole time. He even smiled! He didn't fuss until I was carrying him in the towel. He hates the towel. I dressed him in a fantastic zip-up footsie jammy and he was as happy as a lark. He went down for a little bit in his pack-n-play and then had a bottle. Then he went down for at least 8 hours. I can't remember exactly when I put him down but I'm pretty sure he slept 8 hours. Yay Trent!
Here he is after his fussy night. I think he liked the bath and footsie jammies routine much better. That will have to become a nightly routine. Mommy LOVES his fresh, soft hair anyway. =)
I ALMOST got him to nap in his bed today but it didn't last long. Only 15 minutes. He just loves to nap in his lamby swing. I don't blame him. It looks COMFY! I want to nap in it. =)

P.S. Those Baby Leggs did NOT fit him a few weeks ago. He is filling out and getting so big.
ReplyDeleteI DID make the onesies on my blog. It was my first attempt but I was carefully monitored. Cute Trent pics! this blog taught me how to make my blog pictures BIG - if you're interested. i thought it was fun :)
ReplyDeletehttp://julia-transition.blogspot.com/2009/02/faqs.html