Thursday, May 12, 2011

10 Months!

Our big boy turned TEN months this week!! I can't believe how fast time is going by. I still remember him being so tiny! But at the same time that seems like a different baby. It's amazing how much they change in a year. 

 He loves to "help" mommy.

Trent has been quite the jabbermouth lately. He is always making noises - nothing new- but now he says words! He says Mama, Dada and Yes. =) Joel just got him saying Yes. It's so cute. It's more like "ssuh" but we can tell he is trying.

Oh they are so handsome!

He eats just about any baby food now. I don't worry about the schedule so much anymore since he's had all the basics and then some. He likes almost everything but he HATES this broccoli/carrot mix I got. I don't blame him. It smells terrible. I tried to give him a green bean and he gagged...a tiny bit of mashed potatoes....gagged. He even gags on bananas if they aren't mashed completely. I don't know what to do with that boy! The Dr. gave the go-ahead for table foods but he can't get them down. Poor baby.

I'm pretty sure his favorite thing to eat are puffs. He loves those things!!

 We have been practicing using a spoon. I want him to feed himself asap to make life with two little ones easier. =)

 He's getting the idea of the spoon. He knows to put it in the bowl for more.

One thing we work on during feeding time is sign language. We are learning:
More
Eat
All done
Milk
Drink and Juice
He understands more and will open his mouth when you say it, but he doesn't do the sign yet. He has a harder time with horizontal movements. He does the all done hands sometimes and sometimes he even tries to say it! I just love it. 

Go Lumberjacks!! We'll get him to do that sign soon. ;)

We have finally tackled the sippy cup!!! I tried a few that did not work at all. He either rejected them or they spilled ALL over him because the flow was so fast. We tried the soft spout Nuby cups with handles and they do ok, but they are hard to open and hard to keep from leaking. You have to get every piece put together JUST right. Finally I got the tall Nuby cups with no handles and he does REALLY well with them. They are much easier to open and he was already a pro at holding his bottle so holding the cup is no problemo.

I did not intentionally match him to his cup. 

2 comments:

  1. Trent is so cute! Glad to know about those sippy cups. And I can't believe you are already about to have another baby! That's great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww thank you Dina! You are so sweet. Of course, I just think he's the cutest thing ever. =)

    YES! The sippy cup war is finally over I think. He's so crazy with his cups. He chews on them, takes them out and hits them, shakes them, bangs them. Silly boy. He makes less of a mess with the no-handle nuby and hardly ANY mess at all with the Munchkin cup. I need to see if Munchkin makes a silicone spout cup that is tall with no handles. It's really easy to take apart and put back together with no leakage.

    I know! I'm still in shock that another baby is on the way. He should be here in a few weeks! I just want to make it past my baby shower next Saturday and then I'm game whenever he is. haha

    ReplyDelete