Trent has changed so much in the past month. He is growing up! I'm going to try and remember all of the new things he is doing. There are so many! It may be difficult. First of all, can I just say how that picture up there is the most adorable thing I've ever seen. I love my boy!!
Getting More Stable
He loves to walk around the furniture in the living room and he will let go and stand on his own. He will also take a few steps while holding only ONE of our hands. =) He can walk. He just doesn't know it yet.
He is really good at pushing around his walker toy that Uncle Jimmy, Aunt LiLi and Cousin Rowynn got him for his birthday! It was his very first birthday present. =)
MORE TEETH!
Well, we didn't even notice that his top right tooth had broken the gums. Mimi saw it first thing when we were all together in Houston for the wedding. And now it's sticking out so much that you can see it when he smiles. I love it! And the top left one is swelling. Any day!
Having more teeth makes it much easier to hold onto his favorite toy (my rubber iPhone case) with no hands!
Trying ALL Kinds of Foods!
There are few foods I won't give him now. He is past the point of having to try things for several days before moving on to something new. Thank goodness! On the way back from Houston we ate at Rudy's and I gave him some of my turkey. He liked it!! I let him taste all fruits and he has liked them all so far. Strawberries, cantaloupe and even watermelon!
Here he is tasting the cantaloupe.
He liked it so much he grabbed the fork and put the whole piece in his mouth! Don't worry, mommy intervened.
He Knows How to Get Down
I'm not talking about his dance moves, however he has started to shake it a little. It's so cute! And he just grins ear to ear when we sing to him. OK, anyway. I think he knows how to get down from furniture...like the couch and our ottoman. We were at the library with Natalie and Jonah and they had these CUTE little chairs. I sat him in one to take pictures and after a minute or two he turned over and slid himself down! OMG! I don't know if I have been doing this for him without noticing that I was doing it, but I'm sure doing it now! What a valuable skill.
I'm not talking about his dance moves, however he has started to shake it a little. It's so cute! And he just grins ear to ear when we sing to him. OK, anyway. I think he knows how to get down from furniture...like the couch and our ottoman. We were at the library with Natalie and Jonah and they had these CUTE little chairs. I sat him in one to take pictures and after a minute or two he turned over and slid himself down! OMG! I don't know if I have been doing this for him without noticing that I was doing it, but I'm sure doing it now! What a valuable skill.
Here he is starting the maneuver. Crazy!
And here he is with his friend Jonah. =) They had a GREAT time crawling around and getting into the books and puppets. So cute.
More Complex Jabbering
"He says some stuff I can't even repeat." - Joel
It's so true. It sounds like he is really trying to have a conversation with us and say things. It's the cutest thing!
-----------------------------------
Baby J
Joseph is still doing great! I have an appointment on Tuesday morning and I think I might start going every week after that. I'm predicting a mid-June baby. I DO have a friend getting married on the 18th. Maybe that will get him to come out! ...
(For those who don't know: I was supposed to be a bridesmaid in my good friend Tish's wedding the day Trent was born. I was getting up to grab my stuff and drive to Mesquite and I didn't even make it across the room when my water broke. Crazy! I had ZERO signs of it coming soon too. And 7 hours later he was born - during her ceremony. Classic! She is a great friend and she called me the next day to check on us. I love you Leti!)
Other than that, J is very wild in there. He hears Trent cry or talk and starts kicking around. I think it's so cool how he will know Trent's voice when he's born. I can't wait to see Trent walk into the delivery room to meet his new little brother. It brings tears to my eyes just to think about it!





No comments:
Post a Comment