Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Joseph's Birthday - June 27, 2011

Well, I didn't think it would happen but we had to wait for him until the induce date! Silly baby. He just wasn't in a hurry. We got up early Monday morning and went into the hospital at 7am.

It was a gorgeous day to have a baby...at least until the heat set in. haha =)

We got all settled in and they started my pitocin at 8am. At that point I was dilated almost 3cm. 

Dr. Ku came in and broke my water and I was so scared that it would hurt. It didn't. =) At 10:00 the nurse checked my dilation and I was at a 6. We discussed the timing of my friends and Joel's mom getting there on time with Trent for the delivery. The nurse said she would try her best to catch me at an 8. 

I got my epidural and welcomed the numbness. My contractions had gotten fierce! They were never that bad with Trent. Ouch! The gang said they would go ahead and pack a lunch and come up to the hospital to be ready. An hour after the second check Dr. Ku checked me and said, "well you are ready!" I was in shock! I knew he would come quickly, but three hours!? Insane. I pushed a total of 5 pushes and Joseph was born. The doctor put him right on my belly and Joel cut the cord. It was so wonderful. Joseph barely cried and it was a pretty quiet cry. I cried a little but I was just in shock mostly. I still can't believe he is real. 

I tried to give him his first bottle but he was too comfy on mommy and fell asleep. He had his first bath and man did they do a good job. He was so clean! Then we moved to our room and had lots of visitors! =) Joseph did so well in the hospital. The nurses and Dr. Ku said he was the most chill baby they have ever seen. The only times he cried were when he was born and when we were getting him ready to go home. What a sweetie!


Trenty did not know what to think of his brother and he still doesn't. =) That's ok with me! No jealousy issues here.
Our first family photo.

Big brother came up on the second day too and Joel sat him on my lap. He felt SO HUGE! I missed my big boy very much.

Mommy and daddy did very well in the hospital too. We sent Joseph to the nursery both nights so we could sleep, but in the morning we were anxious to get him back! =) He's just so darn precious!

1 comment: