Sunday, January 1, 2012

The Patient

Trent burned his hand on mommy's curling iron last week. :( we were in Beaumont so we went to a care facility. He has second degree burns on several parts of his left hand. I felt awful from the moment it happened. He's just so curious and he wanted to see the curling iron. I hadn't pulled the bathroom door all the way closed. I'm usually so careful with the curling iron and very good at keeping him away from it.

As awful as if feels to see my baby hurt, I've definitely been counting my blessings. It could have been way worse. Lots of people deal with worse. We were blessed that he was back to his cheerful self after just a few hours. Going trough this, I've heard lots of stories from other moms about burns. Most are worse. I'm so glad we don't have to scrub his poor little hand.

He is on the road to healing and doing very well. We keep his had protected and re-apply his medication a few times each day. He's such a sweetie pie. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment