Friday, January 8, 2010

Baby's Room


My sister has so graciously offered to loan us her crib and dresser/changing table. I am so excited! It is really nice and will be perfect in our baby's room. It even converts to a toddler bed, which is shown above. That's Seth's room. =) I can't wait to find out the sex of this litte thing so we can start getting the room ready! We do want to do a wainscoting around the room in white. I guess we could get started on that when we have time.......not sure when that will be! =)

Baby's room will probably not have a theme, but I just can't say for sure right now. I am going to make the bumper and quilt, so we will either base it off the fabric I find or the paiting I did for baby last night. I went to a painting class in Grapevine with my friend Dawn. We painted a cute little owl sitting in a tree. It was so much fun. I haven't painted in almost a year due to a bad experience with a commission so it was great to get back in the game. We used acrylic so that was a little different than I'm used to but I love it. I haven't worked with acrylic much, but now I plan to use it a lot more. Joel and I decided the little owl would be perfect for baby's room. I have to finish it and then I will post a photo.

3 comments: