Well it turns out I am just now 12 weeks along. My dr. hasn't really explained the "weeks calculations" very well. Most people have a baby age and a pregnancy age. The pregnancy is usually calculated as 2 weeks longer than the age of the fetus. When I went for my first ultrasound they told me, "Your fetus is 6.5 weeks old." So I assumed that my "pregnancy," ie how far along I am, was 2 weeks more - being 8.5 weeks. That's what I went by when telling everyone how "far along" I was. I even double checked with my doctor that day to make sure I was doing it right. Well, she said she had never heard of that before and that "you are the same as your baby." It just didn't add up to me. My book says at the beginning of the chapter "12 weeks, age of fetus 10 weeks." Soooooo I've been doing it wrong and I'm really only 12 weeks at this point. My sweet friend Brandy helped me figure it all out yesterday. =) Thanks B!
NONEtheless, we will still find out what the sex is in less than 7 weeks!! I think our next appointment will include an ultrasound but it will be too early to tell the sex. I can't wait!!
I just caught up on my "blog news." I just love reading all about my little baby Bourdier. The owl painting is precious!
ReplyDeleteLove u!!
Thanks Mimi!
ReplyDeleteI understand frustration...my frustrations are about differnt things...one...to be on the top of the priorty list for a flu shot...it sure is impossible to find one...lol
ReplyDelete