We had a sonogram yesterday just so they could get a look at Trent's spine to make sure he doesn't have Spina Bifida or Downs Syndrome. This was the second attempt to see his spine. Well, he decided that he was going to just sit on my bladder with his back facing the wrong way. It really is like he is sitting up inside my uterus because his head was right behind my belly button and his feet down lower. I laugh just picturing him sitting there kicking his little feet back and forth. hehe, but because of how he was sitting the sonogram technician couldn't even look to verify he was a boy! So she started prodding all around my belly really hard with that "mouse" thing. I don't know what it's called, but it acts kind of like a computer mouse. It was quite uncomfortable and put LOADS of pressure on my bladder. Trent was not having it. He was awake and kicking, but he would not move out of that position. I kept joking that he was stubborn like his daddy. =)
We got some good shots of his face and leg but could not get that spine. I was scheduled today for my glucose test so the technician just had me come in early to take a look before I had my blood drawn. Last night and this morning daddy gave Trent a good talking to about cooperating today. I guess it worked because this morning I could tell he was in a new position. His feet are usually under and to the right of my belly button, but this morning his feet were on my left side.
I drank that orange stuff that tastes like flat orange soda or that fake orange juice concentrate that you pour into a huge jug to make juice, and then I went to the docotor's office. Sure enough, he was in the perfect position. The sonogram technician immediately got a shot of his boy parts and said, "It doesn't get much clearer than that!" =) Good boy.
The doctor said he is looking very good and nothing appears to be wrong. He is measuring good and looking like a big healthy boy. She said not to worry about how big he is now though because it's too early to worry about that. I think they said he weighs about 2.5 pounds.
We got some good pictures of his face yesterday. I'll have to scan them and post them tomorrow. I also got several pictures today but I think I left them in the hospital bathroom. =( If not, they are in my car. I hope they are in my car!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I liked that orange stuff!
ReplyDeleteYeah I didn't think it was too bad. It just tasted like flat soda. Not too bad.
ReplyDelete