There is some debate on if Mother's Day counts for those who are expecting. I happen to think that it does count. He is not out where everyone can see him, but I am still taking care of him. This is also a really special time of closeness between a mother and a child. I have him all to myself and I can feel him moving in a way nobody else can. I consider myself a mommy. =) And yes I know things will be very different once he is here in the flesh.
I had a great Mother's Day!
I woke up and was given a gift by my sweet dearest husband. It was a necklace from Premier and I love it!
I went to Sunday School and had a SUPER fun time with my cousins and my mom and dad. Most of our class is family right now and only family was in attendance yesterday. We are studying marriage and we played a sort of game with the women v. the men. I wish my honey had been there; he was playing bass in the first service. It was so funny to see what they said and what we said and how we were all right about each other! They handed out roses to all the mommies after church and my niece delivered one to me. =)
My sister and her precious family joined us for the service. It is always so nice to have them in church with us. They currently go to a different church but they came over so we could all have lunch at mom's afterward. Lunch was Randy White's Barbecue complete with peach cobbler!!! YUM! My sweet sissy gave me a cute owl charm that is on the back of a Scrabble tile!
After lunch a few of us went over to the Meadowcrest house to see the progress of the remodel. (My sister and her family are moving into my grandma's house since my grandma moved in with my mom and dad) It was fun to see the house looking so different. When we got back home we had a nice game of Scrabble in the game room. My nephew, Tyler was on my team and we won!!! I hardly ever win Scrabble, especially when I'm playing against my husband.
After the fun afternoon, my dad came and helped Joel move the desk out of Trent's room. Then I painted all I could reach (I'm not allowed to use a ladder) while Joel disassembled the guest bed. Now daddy just has to paint the high parts and do a second coat and I can start his tree mural.
Dinner was Fuddruckers. I needed those sweet potato fries! And then my honey took me to Kohl's so I could find some possible shower outfit options. I found two really cute things that aren't maternity. I hope they will work. I hate to buy really cute maternity stuff that I won't get to wear much longer.
It was a great day! =) Here I am with my rose from church.

yay! mommies-to-be definitely get to celebrate mother's day! can't wait to see pics of his room :).
ReplyDeleteAaaaah!! you look so cute, I love your little baby bump, precious moments are happening in your life,Kathysue
ReplyDelete