Monday, June 6, 2011

Babies Always Want the Things They Can't Have

Trent is very persistent in going after these things. It is very frustrating, but we can't say the kid isn't determined. One day this will be a good quality. =)

Here are some of his weaknesses. ;)

Mommy's clothes or any laundry or things with straps. He really likes to get the socks out of the laundry. Silly boy.

Door knobs. He can't quite reach them yet, but he tries! I think he knows how the door works. If it's cracked he can get it open.

Under the bathroom vanity scratching the wall. He loves scratching things. 

Mommy's lap desk she was trying to write thank you notes on. I mean two seconds after putting this on my lap he's on his way over. I gave up and just finished them after he went to bed. 

The remote control. He is obsessed. So I took the batteries out of our DVD remote and gave it to him. We don't use it anymore. He loves it!

The vacuum cleaner. He LOVES them.  He loves watching us vacuum, especially the Shark. Once I put him in his car while I vacuumed and he followed me around RIGHT at my heels the whole time. Didn't do that again.

And I don't even have pictures of the most frequent ones. 

He is ALWAYS after the DVD player, which is on a not-so-stable shelf. We have plans to make a new one, but that requires time!
He loves grabbing the blinds. 

He messes with the TV trays that are between the couch and the wall. 

He loves to pull up at the fireplace doors. = / That one is hard...we need to find something to block it with, but I have no clue what!

So all of this is why it is hard for mommy to stay off her feet as much as possible - Dr.'s orders. She also wants me to sleep as much as I can. So I've been going to bed early...even if a show I like is on. =) Ever since we got rid of the DVR I've been a lot less attached to TV shows. However, in this time of "rest" I would love to have it back! So the reason I've been given these orders is because last Sunday I was having pretty strong, painful contractions. I was checked and nothing was happening so the Dr. said dehydration, lack of sleep, physical strain...etc can cause them. Ever since I've been following her orders I've felt much better. =)




2 comments:

  1. Gosh, he's busy!
    Try to rest up! Looking forward to pictures of the new little one :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. He is VERY busy! He keeps mama from resting as much as she needs to! So glad daddy is finally done with school.

    ReplyDelete