Friday, July 9, 2010

37 1/2 Week Checkup

Here is our sweet little boy!!! He looks so cute! It was amazing to get to see so much detail of his face. We can't wait to see it in person and it won't be long! 
We definitely think he has my nose (the wider set nostrils) and Joel's mouth (fuller top lip and turned down corners). But in some of the other photos he had slim little corners in his mouth like mine. I think he is a good mix! The true test will be after he is a few days old. I can't wait!!!

The Dr. said the ultrasound looked great! He's about 7 lbs and progressing right on track. He was yawning when we started the sono. It was so cute. I am almost 2 cm dilated and getting very soft and ready for delivery! The Dr. was very happy with my progress. I said, "Well I'm glad part of me works properly!" Apparently my baby making system is top notch. I think I should have a pretty good delivery. She said if I started to get extremely miserable we could induce any time starting on the 20th, but she also said that Trent might not wait that long to make his grand arrival! 

I am getting miserable. Every time I get up at night I have a terrible pain in the left side of my abdomen and it even hurts to walk. This just started within the last week. I'm not sure yet if we will decide to induce. It would be nice to have a set appointment and know when it's going to happen. I hate logistics. They stress me out. It would be great to know when I'm going into labor and I think my body would react fine to inducing since it is getting ready so well already. We will just wait and see what happens though. I definitely don't want to go past my due date. I want Joel to have as much time at home with him as possible before school starts back, and I don't want to put Trent at risk by being in there too long.

However anxious I am to meet this little man as soon as possible I would prefer if he waited at least until the 15th. I am in a wedding of a very good friend on Saturday and Joel has training in Ft. Worth Monday through Thursday from 8:30 AM to 4:30 PM (add an hour drive to each end). It would not be so fabulous for daddy to have to be stuck in training while Trent is growing accustomed to life on the outside. We are praying that God takes care of us and gives us good timing with my delivery. I think he knows I would freak out if I went into labor while Joel was in training. =) He usually takes care of my little needs. Please pray with us. We just want to have a great first birth experience with daddy present for all of it.




3 comments:

  1. I know God hears that prayer, and He knows best. Every worry I had about my deliveries turned out to be unfounded (but mine were ALL late, which I don't want for YOU:-)! Let's look at the 16th!! That would be good for Trent's Mimi, too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How exciting! I just prayed he would wait until the 15th! I also pray we both have safe and EASY deliveries!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hahaha this is so funny to read, after seeing Trent yesterday already on the outside! :) He is so precious and I'm so excited for y'all!!!

    ReplyDelete