I'm a little late posting this, but he's here! We've been a bit busy. =)
7/10/10
6:17 PM
7 lbs 5 oz
19.88" long
dark blue eyes
sandy colored hair
Perfect!!
Some of you know that I was trying to get him to hold out until after July 10th because I was asked to be a bridesmaid in a good friend's wedding. He wasn't due until the 25th so I thought, "no problem." Well he had other plans. I was sitting at the computer updating facebook and blogger Saturday morning. Our best friends Klint and Michelle were in tow for the wedding and staying with us. Michelle was sitting in a chair behind me and at about 11 I got up saying, "I guess I better get on the road to Mesquite." The bridal party was meeting to get ready together. Mesquite is about 45 min away. Well before I could walk across the room, there went my water. Michelle was standing right in front of me and I said, "Um I'm pretty sure my water just broke." Then we all freaked out. I asked, "Where's Joel?" and Klint told me he went to Guitar Center to exchange his harmonica set. I panicked. Of course he had told me he was going but did I hear him? No. Klint nervously called him and luckily he wasn't far from home. About 15 minutes later we were zooming to the hospital. He was speeding with the hazards on and I was putting on my makeup. I was not going to go into a photo frenzy with no makeup on. No way.
We got all settled into the delivery room and started to wait. I did not have any contractions until they started me on petocin. I felt them for about 20 minutes before I asked for my epidural. After that was in it was smooth sailing! =) Joel was playing his harmonica and I was texting back and forth with everyone I knew. At 5:45 I was dilated to 10 cm so they called the Dr. She arrived at 6 and I started pushing soon after. At 6:17 he was here! He was so quick, they told me I better watch out with the next one or I'll have it in the car!
Waiting for contractions...obviously not in any pain yet.
Happy Family! Daddy was prepared with his "Trent Bourdier" hat. =)
He is my precious boy.
We will never be the same!

#1. Love that you put on makeup in the carride over. Love it.
ReplyDelete#2. Also love how Joel is reppin' his school and his son with baseball hats of two different baseball teams. Funny, funny.
#3. Congrats on a great first birth! Too often you hear the horror stories! Glad to hear your's was the Disney version.
Congratulations, friend! I know you both are just overwhelmed with love, love, love. I hope the first week has gone well :)
ReplyDelete